Below is a step by step guide on how to organise your childrens themed party:
1) Decide on your theme – Give you child 3 or 4 choices and see what they’d prefer. bear in mind that they can change their mind every few days so it’s best to go for something generic like pirates/ princess/superheroes/ fairies/ knights/ under the sea/ jungle/ dinosaurs/ Hawaaian – these tend to be very popular ones. If it’s a childrens themed party for boys and girls then you can have a combination of pirates and princesses or knights and princesses etc…
2) Next decide on your date and check you can find a venue for it. (That’s if you’re not having it your childrens party at home)
3) Once your date is confirmed and the venue is booked send out the invitations ASAP. Usually at least 3-4 weeks before the party to avoid clashing with other parents having a party at the some time as your child’s party.
4) Book your children’s entertainer. There are loads of kids entertainers to choose from, esp[ecially in Surrey and London areas and you can read our blog on advice for how to find good ones. This site has tonnes of listings for childrens entertainers in Surrey, London and all the home counties. If you’re not having an entertainer then decide on the activites you’re having to entertain the kids at the party.
5) Other optional things to think about:
a) You might want to get the kids to dress up according to your theme. If so then mention this in your invitations so kids can have fun dressing up.
b) Decorations – you may or may not want to have decorations associated with your party, but if you’re taking the trouble to theme the party then it’s way more fun to do something with decorations.
c) Party plates, and other tableware.
6) Childrens Themed Party Food– you may want to do some fairly normal party food and there are of ideas on our blog about easy party food ideas but if you want to go that one step further then why not theme the food too. The list for party food ideas is endless. We’ve found loads of ideas that we’ve put in our blog and we add new ones regularly.
7) Birthday cake – If you’re having a themed party then you can’t miss the great opportunity to have a themed birthday cake. This book by Annie Rigg for birthday cake ideas is simply wonderful.
You can make your party as creative as you want depending on how much time you have.
If you’re looking for a good childrens entertainer in Surrey, London or any of the home counties then Froggle Parties offers loads of themes for childrens parties. With over 40 themes and free themed invitations and free thank you notes, free name stickers and free certificates.